Episode 57: Global Alliance vs. Isolationism, Federalism vs. States Rights in the Age of Plague World
April 17th, 2020 | 1 hr 17 mins
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Interview with Christopher McKnight Nichols (Director of the Oregon State University Center for the Humanities) on the history of American Isolationism - Interview with Rick Hills (NYU Law Professor) about the powers of the federal government
Episode 56: Biden's endorsement parade, does Justin Amash help or hurt Trump? Kamala Harris fundraising clues
April 15th, 2020 | 1 hr 4 mins
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Joe Biden's endorsement parade - Andrew Heaton joins us to talk about Justin Amash and if his Never Trump Libertarian campaign helps or hurts the president. - Dave Levinthal joins to talk about Q1 fundraising, the wreckage of Bloomberg and the Kamala Harris
Episode 55: Trump's brutal Biden strategy, May reopening? History of government responses to pandemics
April 10th, 2020 | 1 hr 4 mins
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Trump drops his second Biden ad and a very brutal pattern has already emerged - Are we on track to reopen parts of the economy in May? - Interview with Graham Mooney of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine about the history of public health in the age
April 9th, 2020 | 1 hr 4 mins
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Remembering Bernie 2020 - Interview with Tim Merritt (brother of Tom) who actually voted in Wisconsin yesterday - Elizabeth Warren swag giveaway - Interview with Jack Allison about the end of Bernie, state of the DNC and Biden v. Trump
April 3rd, 2020 | 50 mins 5 secs
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Is a National Shelter At Home order possible? What hurdles does it have to clear? - China lied - Wisconsin Primary pushed? - An interview with Barbara Martin about her Instagram account @WeThePeeple about her politically-themed Peep dioramas.
April 1st, 2020 | 1 hr 5 mins
DONATE: United Way NYC unitedwaynyc.org/covid19 - Hyperbole Free Coronavirus Update - For the first time we have a federal projection into how many people will die from COVID-19 and it's very grim. We discuss the reality of the situation and touch on the political physics that will come from it.
Episode 51: Stimulus bill signed, Biden sexual assault allegation? China lying? Is this a Great Depression?
March 27th, 2020 | 58 mins 6 secs
DONATE: www.cdcfoundation.org/coronavirus - Hyperbole-free Coronavirus Update - A '93 staffer has made a sexual assault claim against Joe Biden, will CNN ask him about it tonight? - I think China is lying about being over their coronavirus infection. - Interview with Steven Conn
Episode 50: How is Donald Trump handling the virus? What the hell is going on with Biden? Online voting?
March 25th, 2020 | 1 hr 1 min
- Most questions I get revolve around some version of "is Trump going to win/lose in November because of this?" So, I answer as best I can. - Honestly who is running the Biden campaign? - Eric Geller of Politico on cyber security, vote by mail in 2020 and if the mood is right for online voting.
Episode 49: Hyperbole-free coronavirus update, Bloomberg spent a billion, Insider trading, Kevin Ryan
March 20th, 2020 | 58 mins 2 secs
- Facts, figures and news about COVID-19 and no nonsense - FEC filings show Bloomberg spent WAY more than we thought - Insider trading scandal rocks DC - Discussion with Kevin Ryan about the impending birth of his first child, journalism critiques and Bernie predictions.
Episode 48: How long will Bernie hang on? Tom Perez is bad at his job. Interview about Citizenship in America
March 18th, 2020 | 1 hr 11 mins
- A tribute to Bernie 2020 - Joe's (last?) primary blowout - The reality for Bernie and the argument for him to suspend his campaign now - Interview with Elizabeth Cohen about citizenship in America - Your emails
March 13th, 2020 | 1 hr 18 mins
- Justin thinks Trump just bet his presidency on the coronavirus fallout - Interview with Samara Klar on how disdain for parties is leading to political inaction and less romance. - Justin checks in with his mom about coronavirus, who she is going to vote for in the Florida primary
March 12th, 2020 | 1 hr 54 mins
- Biden wins Michigan and both candidates are cancelling campaign stops so it's time to call in some friends from the trail now that we are possibly at the end of the road. - Dan Newhauser of Vice explains what it was like on the ground during the great Centrist Convergence in Texas